[aur-requests] [PRQ#11321] Deletion Request for musicbrainz

Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen freso.dk at gmail.com
Sun May 6 08:40:24 UTC 2018

Den 05-05-2018 kl. 15:48 skrev notify--- via aur-requests:
> gspu [1] filed a deletion request for musicbrainz [2]:
>
> You can delete this repo since there is extra/libmusicbrainz5 5.1.0-2
>
> AUR-Version is:
> musicbrainz 2.1.5-8
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/gspu/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/musicbrainz/

I'm pretty sure those are not the same though: AUR's "musicbrainz"
library uses the MusicBrainz Web Service (API) v1, while libmb5 is using
the WS v2. Programs depending on libmb will not work with libmb5 AFAIK.

That said, MB WS v1 is deprecated and will (finally!) be entirely
discontinued soon[1], so it may be a good idea to remove "musicbrainz"
(and possibly packages that depend on it) either now or on August 1st.

[1]
https://blog.musicbrainz.org/2018/02/01/web-service-ver-1-0-ws-1-will-be-removed-in-6-months/

--
Namasté,