[aur-requests] [PRQ#13420] Deletion Request for gosh

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Nov 30 23:33:49 UTC 2018

mvdan [1] filed a deletion request for gosh [2]:

Hi,

I'm the author of shfmt, which was recently added to the Community
repo: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/shfmt/

As part of the same "shell tooling" project, I'm now working on a
second tool called "gosh". You can see both here:
https://github.com/mvdan/sh/tree/master/cmd

It seems like the name is mostly free. The only official package
providing /usr/bin/gosh is "gauche", but being Scheme, I doubt many
people will run into that conflict.

This package hasn't seen a real update in three years, and the
upstream project seems like it stalled in early 2015. I was wondering
if you could free up this package name in the AUR, so that I may use
it to package my shell tool.

The command name in my project first appeared in early 2017, so this
isn't a last-minute attempt to take over someone else's package :) I
hope it doesn't seem that way.

Thanks!

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/mvdan/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/gosh/