[aur-requests] [PRQ#13077] Deletion Request for archlinux-iso

Ryan Petris ryan at petris.net
Sat Oct 27 17:45:17 UTC 2018

> Muflone [1] filed a deletion request for archlinux-iso [2]:
>
> This package doesn't offer any use.
> It simply downloads the latest iso from a mirror and copy it
> somewhere
> in the system.
>
> [1]
> https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Muflone/
>
> [2]
> https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/archlinux-iso/

(since these are similar, this is a copy/paste from a reply to the
tails-iso deletion request)

Before I created these I had looked for other examples.

First there's a package in community for the virtualbox guest iso:

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/virtualbox-guest-iso/

Additionally, despite the description, this package also just downloads
and iso and installs it into a directory:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grml-iso/

So I'd imagine that having an up-to-date iso in a known location would
be useful to at least a few people other than myself, which meets the
criteria of "usefulness" in the AUR guidelines:

"If more than a few people would find this package useful, it is
appropriate for submission." (
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Rules_of_submission
)