[aur-requests] [PRQ#13078] Deletion Request for tails-iso

Muflone webreg at vbsimple.net
Sat Oct 27 21:22:34 UTC 2018

> Before I created these I had looked for other examples.
>
> First there's a package in community for the virtualbox guest iso:
>
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/virtualbox-guest-iso/

VirtualBox guest ISO package offers an ISO image which is used by
VirtualBox software to install guest utilities. It's not an operating
system but a CD image used by guest Linux, Windows and Solaris operating
systems with the needed drivers.

> Additionally, despite the description, this package also just downloads
> and iso and installs it into a directory:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grml-iso/

While even the grml-iso could be considered unuseful, at least it aims
to install it into the grub2 menu (using the grml-rescueboot package).

The tails-iso and the archlinux-iso packages do NOTHING at all, just
wasting disk space without any other purpose.

Whoever will want a fresh Arch Linux image will have to download it from
the official mirrors, what humans do since the installation images exist.

--
Fabio Castelli aka Muflone