[aur-requests] [PRQ#12647] Deletion Request for wireguard-module-arch

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 9 03:40:15 UTC 2018

On 9/8/18 11:13 PM, admin.archlinux--- via aur-requests wrote:
> wireguard-module-arch is no more a duplicate of wireguard-dkms than
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/virtualbox-host-modules-arch/
> is a duplicate of
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/virtualbox-host-dkms/
>
> In fact, that's where I copied the idea and code from.  I have a device
> without enough harddrive space for gcc that I needed wireguard on.

Maybe the argument Foxboron was trying to make, is that it seemed
useless to him -- not strictly a duplicate.

Because admittedly, non-dkms packages for kernel modules does not seem
to be especially useful in the AUR. They're primarily useful as binary
packages in some hosted repo.

I don't really object to having the PKGBUILD in the repos anyway, as the
source for a binary repository, however, we currently have *two*
versions, this and wireguard-module, neither of which would be the name
I would choose (I would choose "wireguard").

Even though yours came first, it isn't getting updated for new
core/linux releases.

BTW, see how I independently implemented community/broadcom-wl.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User