[aur-requests] [PRQ#14563] Merge Request for onedrive

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Apr 3 08:52:52 UTC 2019

Varakh [1] filed a request to merge onedrive [2] into onedrive-
abraunegg [3]:

The onedrive package itself is working fine but upstream has not
committed anything for a very long time and is actively NOT responding
to issues.

There's a fork available (packaged into onedrive-abraunegg) which is
actively developed and contains tons of bug fixes required for daily
production.

As the current maintainer of the onedrive package is not willing to
hand over it, adapt the package to the fork, I'd propose to force move
the package or force delete it so that the current maintainer of e.g.
onedrive-abraunegg can take over. I think we, as an Arch community,
should not confuse new users and prefer working forks (and therefore
rename it).

There's also a discussion going on in the comment sections of each AUR
package.

Cheers
Varakh

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Varakh/