[aur-requests] [PRQ#14563] Merge Request for onedrive

Varakh varakh at varakh.de
Wed Apr 3 14:12:58 UTC 2019

I need to disagree here. I don't get the point why you keep supporting
the original author who hasn't fixed anything in a long time just for
the sake of a name which would help AUR users to install the software
with less and not more bugs. Shouldn't we focus on the easiest solution
for AUR users? I think it's easier for most of us to just install the
first obvious match, namely 'onedrive'.

>From my point of view 'sporadically active' is way too friendly. The
last release and commit was in September, there are 12 open pull
requests and over 70 issues. I think it doesn't matter how abraunegg
decides or if he has secretly "claimed upstream" when he's the only one
responding to issues or PR. He's actively developing it, fixes bugs and
his fork is way more production-ready than anything else. Instead of
blaming him, we should be grateful that he took over and tries to rescue
a nearly dead project which helps out all users which need this
functionality.