[aur-requests] [PRQ#15782] Orphan Request for lxd Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Thu Aug 22 17:09:59 UTC 2019

Request #15782 has been rejected by eschwartz [1]:

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

You posted a comment on the package details saying you had an issue
and submitted an orphan request 26 hours later saying "I can manage
this".

This is NOT acceptable behavior. Shall I list the reasons?

- You did not give the maintainer more than a single day to solve the
issue.

- You did not describe in the orphan request why you thought you
should be the one to maintain it, but used a useless comment. Why not
just submit an orphan request reading "this is an orphan request???"

- The maintainer has provided updates to the package only a single
month ago.

- The maintainer provided another update three hours after your
initial comment, and 23 hours before your orphan request.

- The maintainer has a pinned comment linking to the Github repository
where they accept pull requests to the PKGBUILD, and clearly intends
to accept help in updating the package in that manner; did you even
try that, first?

Do not try to get us to orphan a package and give it to you, the day
*after* the maintainer fixed all your build issues and ensured the
package was up to date. You may not be aware of this, but we do not
just automatically click "accept", we actually research the package to
find out who is right and who is wrong.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/