[aur-requests] [PRQ#16865] Deletion Request for gapid

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Dec 2 10:08:37 UTC 2019

1ace [1] filed a deletion request for gapid [2]:

This package has been out of date since june (even though it's only
been reported in october), PKGBUILD is a mess (dumping debian binaries
from gapid-1.6.1-linux.deb into /opt when it should be installing
gapid-1.6.1-linux.zip into the appropriate folders in /usr/), and the
result doesn't even work (paths are not being set correctly in the
json files and these files are not in the right folder so none of
vulkan can work).

All of this has been fixed in the more appropriately named package
`gapid-bin` on the AUR (that I maintain), so this package (`gapid`)
should be deleted, in case someone wants to write a PKGBUILD to build
this from source (I don't plan on doing that myself).

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/1ace/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/gapid/