[aur-requests] [PRQ#16877] Deletion Request for fairy-wallet

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Dec 3 22:17:23 UTC 2019

diabonas [1] filed a deletion request for fairy-wallet [2]:

This (recently) orphaned package has multiple severe issues:

- Currently it doesn't even build due to the wrong pkgver() function
("git describe" for a non-Git source).
- It attempts to dynamically update the source array according to the
latest upstream version (cf. the "$Version" variable), potentially
leading to a mismatch between sources and pkgver.
- It downloads precompiled binaries instead of building from source,
so the package should be named fairy-wallet-bin.
- The precompiled binary doesn't even work, it segfaults on startup.
This could possibly be fixed by building from source, but I don't own
the required physical hardware to verify this.

Given the low popularity of the AUR and the fact that there is no
active upstream development any more, I suggest deleting the package
altogether.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/diabonas/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/fairy-wallet/