[aur-requests] [PRQ#14173] Orphan Request for muffin-git Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Feb 24 03:27:22 UTC 2019

Request #14173 has been rejected by eschwartz [1]:

As I am both a Trusted User and the maintainer of this package, I feel
triply qualified to state that this package builds fine, and will not
be orphaned.

It was flagged out of date for erroneous reasons a mere handful of
days before this orphan request, in fact -- which also means that no
real chance was given for the maintainer to respond to the orphan flag
by either updating it or rejecting it. (I have now rejected it...)

Furthermore, the rules of the AUR state that you are not permitted to
request a *-git package to be orphaned merely to "update" it, as -git
packages do not have a fixed version and thus cannot be out of date
(unless they do not build).

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Foo_in_the_AUR_is_outdated;_what_should_I_do?

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/