[aur-requests] [PRQ#13823] Deletion Request for firefox-kde-manjaro

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 16 15:17:42 UTC 2019

On 1/16/19 10:08 AM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
> coderobe [1] filed a deletion request for firefox-kde-manjaro [2]:
>
> apparent binary(!) duplicate of firefox-kde-opensuse
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/coderobe/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/firefox-kde-manjaro/

What I particularly like about this travesty is that it's actually
untar'ing the binary package *of* firefox-kde-opensuse downloaded from
the Manjaro repos.

The Manjaro *binary* repos are not suitable for inclusion to the AUR on
any grounds. They operate independently of Arch Linux's binary repos,
and won't be linked to the same shared libraries when Arch has recently
done soname rebuilds.

The correct place for this is a custom repository containing a
firefox-kde-opensuse package *built against Arch libraries and userspace*.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User