[aur-requests] Remove inactive maintainer

Filipe Laíns lains at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 29 17:41:24 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-29 at 09:55 -0500, Whezzel via aur-requests wrote:
> I have been maintaining brave-beta-bin (
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/brave-beta-bin/) since 01-31-19
> with no input from originof since 11-27-2018. Since originof is
> listed as the lead maintainer on this package, it makes it impossible
> for people to search for the package via my username. Would it be
> possible to remove this inactive maintainer from the package?
>
> I'm not able to include orginof on this email because I cannot find
> their email address listed on the aur, or any of their personal
> websites.
>
> Thanks for the consideration,
> Whezzel

Hello,

People can still search by your name. If they search by 'Maintainer'
the package won't be listed there because you aren't in fact the
maintainer, you are the co-maintainer. They will need to search by
'Maintainer, Co-maintainer'[1].

We can orphan the package for you to adopt it but this isn't the
correct way to contact us. The correct procedure would be for you to
open an Orphan Request on the AUR interface and wait until it gets
resolved. If it gets accepted you are then free to adopt the package.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=M&K=whezzel

Thanks,
Filipe Laíns
3DCE 51D6 0930 EBA4 7858 BA41 46F6 33CB B0EB 4BF2