[aur-requests] [PRQ#16194] Deletion Request for no-appimage-desktop-integration

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Oct 4 13:48:02 UTC 2019

Freso [1] filed a deletion request for no-appimage-desktop-integration
[2]:

Package is no longer needed.

Package was created since there wasn’t (and AFAICT still isn’t) any
official documentation about doing what this package does and I didn’t
find any ways for users to do things in /etc or /home to disable this
annoying pop-up.

Someone pointed me to
https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageSpec/blob/master/draft.md#desktop-
integration though, which lists several way to achieve this, incl.
/etc, /home, and environment variable options—so I’ve changed the
PKGBUILD that was pointing to this one to direct users to that
document rather than $optdepend’ing on this package… Leaving this
package stranded and a good candidate for deletion.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Freso/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/no-appimage-desktop-integration/