[aur-requests] [PRQ#16257] Orphan Request for mongo-cxx-driver

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Oct 9 18:03:40 UTC 2019

Regalis [1] filed a orphan request for mongo-cxx-driver [2]:

Hello,

I am writing regarding the `mongo-cxx-driver` package.

The package is not compliant with *Arch packaging standards* and does
not respect *AUR submission guidelines*.

I have already tried to contact current maintainer (9/25/19, 9/27/19),
I even sent him a full patch containing following changes:

    * update package, make it compatible with Arch packaging standards
    * update version: remove leading "r" from pkgver
    * change pkgdest
    * update url (official website)
    * update depends and makedepends: add libbson and boost
    * replace md5sums with sha256sums
    * remove unnecessary prepare() function
    * remove explicit **sudo** calls from build() and package()
    * fix build errors by updating BSONCXX_POLY_USE from MNMLSTC to
BOOST

This has been ignored.

Almost 14 days have passed, the result is still the same. People leave
comments, but they are also ignored. I believe that the current
maintainer is irresponsible.

Please consider adding me as second maintainer or orphan the package
so that I can become a maintainer and repair these things.

--
Best Regards,
Patryk Jaworski

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Regalis/