[aur-requests] [PRQ#16375] Merge Request for amide-hg

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Oct 19 17:58:39 UTC 2019

diabonas [1] filed a request to merge amide-hg [2] into amide [3]:

Upstream development of this project stopped in early 2017, see the
repository at
https://sourceforge.net/p/amide/code/ci/default/tree/amide-current/ At
this time, the author published a semi-official version 1.0.6 that is
based on the tip of the Mercurial repository, see his mailing list
post at https://sourceforge.net/p/amide/mailman/message/35615362/

I modified the non-VCS amide AUR package to build this updated
version. Unlike the old version 1.0.5, it works fine without
segfaulting (it is based on the same code as amide-hg after all).

Since development stopped over two years ago, I don't see the need for
a VCS package any more. Feel free to continue maintaining the non-VCS
package, I disowned it after making the necessary adjustments since I
don't actually use this software.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/diabonas/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/amide-hg/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/amide/