[aur-requests] [PRQ#18799] Orphan Request for papermc

Gordian Edenhofer gordian.edenhofer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:52:53 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:14 PM Simon Gardling <titaniumtown at gmail.com>
wrote:

> but it needs sed and jq (sed is already a depend)
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 3:13 PM Simon Gardling <titaniumtown at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have an improvement to the PKGBUILD, how do I submit it?
>> It's to replace the _pkgver and _build with:
>> _pkgver=$(curl -L https://papermc.io/api/v1/paper/ | jq .versions[0] |
>> _build=$(curl -L https://papermc.io/api/v1/paper/${_pkgver}/ | jq | grep
>> "latest" | sed 's/[^[:digit:]]\+//g')

This is not an improvement! No fair reading of my messages should have
enabled you to come to the conclusion that I think fetching the most recent
version is a valid option here!

Btw. this is also not how this is supposed to be solved in a VCS package!
There is a `pkgver` function for a reason... see [1].

 [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_package_guidelines