[aur-requests] [PRQ#22516] Deletion Request for pipewire-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Dec 2 21:27:03 UTC 2020

annisar [1] filed a deletion request for pipewire-git [2]:

The package maintainer used very popular name that's in typical AUR
convention to introduce changes that are misleading and mainly usable
by himself only, which is not reflected by the name. I request for
deletion of it or changing the ownership (to me, for an example) so
someone can maintain the package more responsibly.
There's a lot of people who install -git packages without checking the
PKGBUILD, expecting that these will be built from master-bound
official PKGBUILD. Considering this, maintainer's behavior can be
described as irresponsible from community standpoint.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/annisar/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/pipewire-git/