[aur-requests] [PRQ#18054] Deletion Request for usb-notify-git

Wayne Campbell wcampbell1995 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 03:29:22 UTC 2020

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 7:35 PM <notify at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

> eschwartz [1] filed a deletion request for usb-notify-git [2]:
>
> self-published program with no votes, doesn't seem to be generally
> useful.
I would politely disagree, As I feel that if you are running a minimal
install and want information about usbs using libnotify it's useful. I
do however admit that the package doesn't have any votes.

> This runs sudo make install in package() to install directly to
> /usr/local
After seeing this comment, I have learned about the .install scripts.
Is this comment insinuating that I use that method instead of the make
file? I'm quite interested in doing this the _right_ way.

> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/usb-notify-git/

v/r,
 -wcampbell