[aur-requests] [PRQ#18056] Deletion Request for picard-plugins-git

Jonas Witschel diabonas at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 26 12:37:31 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-24 02:08, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> yochananmarqos [1] filed a deletion request for picard-plugins-git
> [2]:
>
> I apologize for my last deletion request; 'twas a copypasta error.
> This repo contains the same plugins that are now built-in to Picard
> 2.3.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/yochananmarqos/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/picard-plugins-git/

I am still not sure about this request: as far as I can see from the
file list of the official Arch Linux picard package [3], the plugins are
not directly built into Picard, but must be downloaded from the official
Picard website [4]. On this website, the plugins are distributed as a
separate ZIP file for each plugin (containing a Python script file). I
can see some value in being able to download and install all available
plugins with a single package, but since I don't use Picard, I don't
feel confident to make a call here.

Cheers,
Jonas

[3] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/picard/