[aur-requests] [PRQ#18088] Deletion Request for lollypop-git

Jonas Witschel diabonas at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 26 13:16:10 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-25 22:25, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> gnumdk [1] filed a deletion request for lollypop-git [2]:
>
> Hello, Lollypop dev here.
>
> lollypop-git is a confusing package name since 1.2.20 release, git
> repository is handled like this:
> - master branch: current release + fixes
> - next branch: next dev branch
>
> I've added lollypop-stable and lollypop-next to AUR.
>
> regards,
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/gnumdk/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/lollypop-git/

While I agree with the spirit of this request, the new packages
lollypop-stable and lollypop-next are VCS packages and their name must
therefore be suffixed with "-git" according to the guidelines [3].
Please recreate these packages under the correct name and file requests
to merge lollypop-stable into lollypop-stable-git and respectively for
-next.

Cheers,
Jonas

[3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_package_guidelines#Guidelines