[aur-requests] [PRQ#17199] Deletion Request for ungoogled-chromium-archlinux

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Jan 5 07:55:19 UTC 2020

eschwartz [1] filed a deletion request for ungoogled-chromium-
archlinux [2]:

Pinned comment:

> unfortunately, I cannot change the package name as there is another
package with the same name that the maintainer refused to update for
some odd reasons. hence why I created this port. the fix for now is to
manually change the name in PKGBUILD while building it locally until
that maintainer removes the out of date package.

So, you're saying this is a shameless duplicate, and instead of going
through the proper procedure of submitting an orphan request, or
alternatively, coming to an agreement with the maintainer of
ungoogled-chromium, you decided to confuse everyone by having
"ungoogled-chromium" and "ungoogled-chromium but I promise this is the
real ungoogled-chromium, so I'll call it 'archlinux' too".

No. Just... no. This is a duplicate. Don't do this.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/ungoogled-chromium-archlinux/