[aur-requests] [PRQ#17737] Deletion Request for sway9

Dan Elkouby streetwalkermc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 19:25:47 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:07 PM <notify at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

> jeffw [1] filed a deletion request for sway9 [2]:
>
> This packages is sway but with unspecified changes

Yes, I should have documented this. This package includes patches to
work around the lack of configuration options due to the stubbornness
of upstream, and the lack of a desire to interact with them. Down the
line I will consider preparing these for submission, but for now I
prefer to keep them as is.

> and doesn't seem to be useful to anyone except the uploader.
> The guidelines for the AUR suggest a package should be useful
> to multiple people.

I'm not sure how this is the case. I have seen many "opinionated"
PKGBUILDs on the AUR, and this isn't the first one I've submitted
either. This package contains patches that could be useful to anyone.

It would have been nice if you had actually tried to contact me to
clear things up before submitting a deletion request. I'd be happy to
correct the situation if something is wrong.