[aur-requests] On the topic of [PRQ#20203]

FennecTECH (FennecTECH) fennectech at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 00:53:18 UTC 2020

I was updating another package and got mixed up with repositories. Ive (finally) straightened them out.   Please do not delete this package.

From a brief discussion on the archlinux forum

katt [1] filed a deletion request for radegast-git [2]:
Absolute mess of a package, maintainer decided to rename their -git
package to -ng while switching to releases, all while avoiding
.SRCINFO to presumable avoid git stopping their madness dead in its
tracks.
This is backed up by them actually submitting a separate .SRCINFO with
just an upped pkgrel.
Call the exorcist!
[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/katt/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/radegast-git/
This is a reply to this message.
My package is the git from the classic fork that was superseded by Radegast-ng.  (Which is releases from the updated version)
Some time ago the founder of Radegast passed and the original repository was left.   Radegast-NG is a fork of the codebase this package installs.  I would like to keep this package around a while longer as some still do use the original version.   Today’s mistake was the result of me pushing to the wrong repository.    Please do not delete my package. I’m still learning git.
 https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1915036#p1915036
Sent from my iPad