[aur-requests] [PRQ#19618] Orphan Request for python-can

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 19 03:43:15 UTC 2020

On 6/5/20 9:59 AM, Stefan Tatschner wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-06-05 at 06:45 -0700, Kyle Manna wrote:
>> Stefan,
>>
>> The pkg has been flagged out of date for 3 days.  Please understand I
>> can't immediately patch minor releases often until the weekend.
>>
>> Your understanding is highly appreciated.
>
> Nice!  I assumed that you might have dropped arch, since I did not see
> any evident activity in your AUR account. Especially, my comment posted
> in November 2019 was ignored. Considering this, I filed the request
> earlier rather than later. As everything is fine with you and the
> package, I apologize for the orphan request.

"the end of 2019" isn't really that long, if they didn't actually have
cause to be notified to deal with a package.

As for that comment -- maintainers aren't obligated to bump pkgrel for
python rebuilds, failure to respond doesn't necessarily mean they don't
notice such comments at all.

And it was only very shortly after the package had last been updated, it
seems odd to assume between 2019-11-03 and 2019-11-25 that the
maintainer abandoned Arch Linux.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User