[aur-requests] [PRQ#20404] Deletion Request for uml_utilities-fixed Accepted

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Jul 20 03:22:39 UTC 2020

Request #20404 has been accepted by eschwartz [1]:

Under no circumstances is the "-fixed" package permitted in the AUR.
We do not "rename it back". We remove the invalid "-fixed" package
instead.

I wish to be very very clear on this: if you want this package fixed,
your ONLY option is to request it to be orphaned. In 14 days, the
maintainer who as noted is gone, will be disowned and you can fix the
package. It is extremely easy, and we are willing to help you get the
package into good shape. Please do the right thing.

Do not upload duplicates. Do not condone people uploading duplicates.
This creates more work for us because now we need to get rid of the
duplicate AND process an orphan request, and in the meantime it's
cluttering the database, the search results, and (permanently and
irrevocably) the git backend storage. All it does is make everyone
unhappy.

P.S. I'm really unhappy about this.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/