[aur-requests] [PRQ#20422] Deletion Request for linux-fix_navi_reset Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Jul 22 03:54:13 UTC 2020

Request #20422 has been rejected by eschwartz [1]:

It is not possible to purge personal data by deleting and re-uploading
a package, since the git repo is persistent.

I've communicated privately with the user and based on that
discussion, I've used git-filter-branch to purge the git authorship
information and maintainer comments, using my Trusted User
credentials.

Either way, package deletion wouldn't accomplish anything, but the
problem is nevertheless solved.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/