[aur-requests] [PRQ#20459] Deletion Request for libpdfium-nojs

Felix Kauselmann licorn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:37:09 UTC 2020

There are technical reasons for this.

I need the full main git repo to count the number of fixes on the
current releases branch.
This would not be possible if I'd clamp to a specific branch or commit
(upstream has no release tags).

I also need to assemble the source dependencies needed for the build.
Upstream handles this via a collection of scripts called depot_tools,
but this pulls in tons of unneeded source and git history in the
gigabyte range, which I don't want.

I have thus opted for a process closer to the recommended handling of
git submodules, with the difference that instead of adding submodules I
extract the needed git revisions from the depot_tools DEPS file in the
release branch and do git checkouts.

That being said, I too am not too happy with this build process and I am
open for suggestions on how to improve it, but this is probably more a
topic for aur-general or the arch forums.