[aur-requests] [PRQ#19626] Deletion Request for dyuganga
विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)
vishvas.vasuki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:00:49 UTC 2020
I hope to answer the objection with the following points:
- The package is meant for quickly setting up a working environment on an
Arch Linux based computer for use by Sanskrit language specialists who are
NOT AT ALL familiar with Linux (even if they happen to have used the
computer a few times).
- Tasks they typically aim to accomplish include:
- Reading texts in rare Indic scripts
- Typing in Indic scripts (including vedic accents).
- Editing and curating multimedia (especially audio files).
- Viewing and creating skycharts pertaining to Hindu astronomy.
- Communicating with colleagues in the process as needed.
- Teaching each other how to use the system.
- I am happy to note that with the dyuganga package, I have personally seen
3 people get up to speed and be very productive on an Arch based rented
laptop. Please understand that the tasks I described above are NOT trivial
even for the computer savvy Sanskritist (lots of trial and error involved
in even typing well), let alone those who have never seen or used a linux
Hence, I request Mr Caleb and AUR people to support retaining the package.
On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 3:44 PM <notify at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> caleb  filed a deletion request for dyuganga :
> Not really what it says on the tin, nor really useful. I could see a
> package with a currated list of dependencies to support a language
> group or specific workflow, but this is just random stuff with no
> relation to what the title says. Zoom? Gimp? IntelliJ? parcelite?
> Audacity? This is somebodies preferred desktop environment.
> Keeping this in an Arch package build makes sense. Keeping it in the
> AUR does not.
>  https://aur.archlinux.org/account/caleb/
>  https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/dyuganga/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aur-requests