[aur-requests] [PRQ#19608] Orphan Request for local-by-flywheel-bin Rejected

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 30 21:15:34 UTC 2020

On 6/30/20 4:53 PM, Keith Bruss via aur-requests wrote:
> The package is now broken, out of date and named incorrectly.

The fact that it updated again and it is once more out of date does not
make the orphan request any less rejected.

"named incorrectly"? I don't know what that's supposed to mean, it
certainly wasn't in the orphan request.

As I don't build and run every package I answer an orphan request for,
could you clarify what is broken about it? From a quick poke at the
commit log, all it did was change a version and a download location.

(BTW one of the other 2 people submitting identical orphan requests
asked to retract his, said "Can I withdraw a pending request to have a
AUR package orphaned? The maintainer has come back and updated the
pkgbuild but the request remains on my dashboard". I assumed that the
update was sufficient.)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User