[aur-requests] [PRQ#17978] Deletion Request for fontawesome.sty Accepted

Jonas Witschel diabonas at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 10 10:34:40 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-10 11:25, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 February 2020 20:55:37 CET you wrote:
>> Request #17978 has been accepted by diabonas [1].
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/diabonas/
>
> I'm really supposed to install 1.2GB of fonts instead of just few KBs?
>
> $ pacman -Si texlive-fontsextra | grep Installed
> Installed Size  : 1202.02 MiB
> $ pacman -Qi fontawesome.sty | grep Installed
> Installed Size  : 126.00 KiB
>
> Also, if this is the case, I would expect textlive-fontsextra to replace
> fontawesome.sty or that fontawesome.sty can be put again on AUR with
> conflicts=('texlive-fontsextra').

I don't think potentially having a million AUR packages duplicating the
files that are already in official Arch Linux packages is feasible at
all. If you want to be able to install single CTAN packages using
pacman, maybe tllocalmgr-git [1,2] is something for you.

Best,
Jonas

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/tllocalmgr-git/
[2] https://git.archlinux.org/users/remy/texlive-localmanager.git