[aur-requests] [PRQ#18534] Deletion Request for python-validators

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Sun Mar 29 11:52:16 UTC 2020

On 3/29/20 3:39 AM, brent s. wrote:
> On 3/28/20 14:29, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
>> arisinfenix [1] filed a deletion request for python-validators [2]:
>>
>> Duplicate of https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/python-
>> validators/
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/arisinfenix/
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-validators/
>>

> Hi, owner of this AUR package- I had no idea it was promoted to
> community! I didn't get a notice from Felix about it.

Don't take it as something negative, the [community] addition deletion requests are usual business,
perhaps that should be automated, however.

> I've disowned; please go ahead and delete.

You don't need to - the deletion request will take care of everything

> Sidenote, are there any plans for having AUR owners being able to delete
> their own packages instead of filing requests?

Not really - sometimes deletion requests made by maintainers are rejected too.

--
Rob (coderobe)