[aur-requests] [PRQ#19352] Orphan Request for minecraft-launcher Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon May 18 16:45:40 UTC 2020

Request #19352 has been rejected by eschwartz [1]:

The package maintainer is active and disputes the out of date flag by
unflagging it. See also discussion on the aur-requests mailing list.
See also user @settyness' comment last month:

> ...here we go again. For whatever reason, the release of certain
launchers, listed as beta on the official wiki, continue to trigger
"new version available" prompts. This seems to make minecraft-
launcher-beta redundant.
> Either way, this is what's causing users to perpetually flag this
package out of date.

This is not a case of a missing maintainer, so we will not be
accepting this orphan request.

If you have a disagreement with the maintainer about how to handle the
package, please discuss it with them. We will not orphan a package
with an active maintainer unless you can build a case that the
maintainer is irresponsible and is doing a disservice to users which
can only be solved by confiscating the package away from them... this
is a much higher bar to set, and I cannot see evidence of it at this
time.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/