[aur-requests] [PRQ#22459] Merge Request for python-theharvester-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Nov 27 09:13:11 UTC 2020

dkasak [1] filed a request to merge python-theharvester-git [2] into
theharvester-git [3]:

Re-doing the merge request, but this time in the correct direction.
Apologies for the earlier mistake.

For context, the affected packages are the same software so there is
no need for them both to exist. I prefer the package without the
`$lang-` prefix since theharvester is neither a Python library nor
closely tied to Python's ecosystem (as I understand the term).

theharvester is an OSINT (open-source intelligence) tool for gathering
publicly available information such as emails, names, subdomains, IPs
and URLs related to a target during penetration tests and similar. The
choice of Python is an implementation detail.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/dkasak/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-theharvester-git/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/theharvester-git/