[aur-requests] [PRQ#21685] Orphan Request for sge

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Oct 10 15:53:45 UTC 2020

petronny [1] filed an orphan request for sge [2]:

To freswa:

I don't think there is a rule that a package has to be flagged out-of-
date before creating an orphan request.
If there was this rule, please hide the orphan request option from the
website before flagged out-of-date.
Before that, I refuse to flag it out-of-date. Because it's not.
Don't abuse the meaning of out-of-date.

To other TUs:

The package itself is at the latest version.
But the PKGBUILD needs tons of fixes.
I've commented about how to fix it 2 months ago.
But the maintainer doesn't response.

My first 2 orphan request are both rejected by freswa becauce the
package is not flagged out-of-date.

This is the third time I file an orphan request for this package.
And I have a project which needs this package is delayed for nearly a
month because I can't take over this package and fix it.
I wish this orphan request can skip the 2-weeks waiting and be
accepted ASAP.

Thank you.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/petronny/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/sge/