[aur-requests] [PRQ#21867] Deletion Request for v8-static-gyp Rejected

אריאל בכר relrelbachar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 05:04:11 UTC 2020

Indeed there are many v8 packages in the AUR, but this situation brings:
1. Unnecessary duplication.
2. Confusion among users who cannot decide which package to install or
depend on.

Therefore, these packages should be unified into a single,
one-size-fits-all package (I plan it to be v8 once my orphan package is
accepted).

In order to accomplish that, we need to migrate all existing packages which
depend on one of those variants of v8 to depend on v8 itself.

In the meantime, I noticed that both v8-static-gyp and v8-static-gyp-5.4
are not required by any other package, so in my opinion it would be great
to delete them as soon as possible before anyone introduces a dependency on
one of them.

I would like to hear your thoughts.