[aur-requests] [PRQ#24787] Deletion Request for xs-update-manjaro Accepted

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Apr 25 19:55:20 UTC 2021

Request #24787 has been accepted by ainola [1]:

I am accepting this because the PKGBUILD has logic for Arch *and*
Manjaro. Arch and the AUR does not support Manjaro and we actively
remove content that purports to be for it.

That said, if there is actual value in using this software *solely*
for Arch (I find this software in very poor taste), then I imagine it
could live in its own corner. However, it will be allowed to live if
(and ONLY if) all support for Manjaro were stripped from it. In other
words, the only time we should see the word "manjaro" would be from
the title of the project "xs-update-manjaro".

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/ainola/