[aur-requests] [PRQ#27626] Merge Request for nodejs-hexo

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Aug 18 09:52:36 UTC 2021

alerque [1] filed a request to merge nodejs-hexo [2] into hexo-cli
[3]:

This installs all the same stuff as the more properly named `hexo-cli`
package. Yes I realize that is the CLI tools and this is the library
and that they have two different upstream sources — **supposedly**.
The trouble is the upstream repos are setup to be co-dependent and
installing one you get the other. Hence the CLI package installs the
libraries and the libraries installs the CLI. Since upstream
officially endorses installing the CLI as the defacto way to use this,
I think that should be the canonical package.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/alerque/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/nodejs-hexo/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/hexo-cli/