[aur-requests] [PRQ#27785] Deletion Request for termite-barbuk

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Aug 28 01:54:57 UTC 2021

thiagowfx [1] filed a deletion request for termite-barbuk [2]:

I think there's no value in keeping the AUR full of personal forks,
like `termine-<username>`. People should use their own hosting for
that (e.g. github).

I have worked with `termite-aperezdc` and suggested they merge their
package with `termite`, and they agreed to it. The `termite`
maintainer also agreed to collaborate with `aperezdc`.

Similarly, I think `barbuk` should not keep their own copy in the AUR.
If they are interested, consider asking to be a co-maintainer of the
`termite` package as well. But we really shouldn't start to have a
dozen forks in the AUR, especially if the forks just happen to mirror
the usernames of its maintainers.

That said, this is my opinion and I just want to make the AUR better.
I suggest to wait for `barbuk` to reply before taking action to delete
this package though, they should have a right to state their point of
view.

Thanks!

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/thiagowfx/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/termite-barbuk/