[aur-requests] [PRQ#30718] Merge Request for notekit-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Dec 17 06:32:07 UTC 2021

sp1rit [1] filed a request to merge notekit-git [2] into notekit-
clatexmath-git [3]:

I'm the maintainer of notekit-clatexmath-git, and have written it's
corresponding pacman build manifest. Attached to the manifest was a
AGPL-3.0 copyright notice and my copyright.

Previously, notekit-git was the variant of notekit that didn't use
cLaTeXMath to render equations, as previously cLaTeXMath needed to
vendored into notekit. At some point I submitted a meson buildfile to
clatexmath, that building them as seperate package was possible. Yet
we left notekit-git untouched, as it continued to work.

Now Mr. Zhang tried to use notekit-clatexmath-git and clatexmath-git,
but for some reason he was unable to compile the package (I asume
because he didn't have base-devel installed). He then modified my
pacman build manifest (added pkg-config [part of base-devel] & cmake
[not at all needed] to makedepends), took ownership of notekit-git and
published the manifest for his personal machine here.
However, he also striped the AGPL-3.0 license header and my copyright
notice from the package manifest, which clearly violates the AGPL.

I've tried solving this amicably with Mr. Zhang directly (see the
comments I left on notekit-git), but apparently I have to use this
"nuclear option".

That's why I'm requesting to be given ownership of notekit-git.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/sp1rit/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/notekit-git/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/notekit-clatexmath-git/