[aur-requests] [PRQ#23736] Deletion Request for boston-icon-theme Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Thu Feb 25 02:26:06 UTC 2021

Request #23736 has been rejected by ainola [1]:

You did a great job trying to figure this out. Thankfully, I've been
down the same road!

I've worked around it with this:

# opendesktop.org-based platforms constantly change two chunks of
their source
# URL. We must get both values from the same call.
_tstamps=($(curl -s "$url" | grep -e "hash =" -e 'timetamp =' | sed
"s/.*= '\\(.*\\)';/\\1/"))

It's hideous but it works (or at least it did a year or so ago).

Alternatively, I'd suggest you get in touch with the maintainer so
that there *is* consistency between the two repos. It'd be great to
get that sorted out so that anyone can have an easier time packaging
than using the monstrosity that is opendesktop.

I'll happily delete it if you still do feel strongly enough; Just
submit another deletion request and it will be done. But I didn't want
you to lose hope quite yet :)

Good luck!

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/ainola/