[aur-requests] [PRQ#22917] Deletion Request for linux-lts414

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Jan 3 01:18:29 UTC 2021

eschwartz [1] filed a deletion request for linux-lts414 [2]:

Note to self: this package incorrectly provides=('linux') /
provides=('linux-headers') and the maintainer does not see to believe
it is a problem after being warned by Scimmia that it doesn't provide
the right /lib/modules/ directory for out of tree modules.

> You're wrong because every kernel is a drop in replacement for every
other kernel.

> It's not broken so it won't be fixed. Arch is a source distro so you
are wrong, provides is right. Nvidia needs a depends=(linux-
headers=version). All other modules work correctly with provides.
Please submit a bug report to add provides to linux-lts.

This deletion request is so I don't forget to delete the package, if
it is not fixed in the next few days. OTOH, if the maintainer fixes
it, I'll reject the request.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/linux-lts414/