[aur-requests] [PRQ#26832] Deletion Request for chatterino7

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Jul 2 11:38:07 UTC 2021

zneix [1] filed a deletion request for chatterino7 [2]:

This package has incorrect name, as it shouldn't be named chatterino7
- it should rather follow the naming scheme that we, Chatterino
developers, have established: chatterino2-{type} or
chatterino2-{fork}-{type}

There is a popular fork of Chatterino application -
https://github.com/SevenTV/chatterino7, which is called 7tv for short.
I am both a collaborator on upstream Chatterino and maintainer of the
7tv Chatterino fork - asking you to remove this package because of
incorrect naming scheme.
This is also partly a duplicate of chatterino2-7tv-git package and
seems like the PKGBUILD of this package was copied from
chatterino2-appimage package - I could recreate it properly under
chatterino2-7tv-appimage package later.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/zneix/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/chatterino7/