[aur-requests] [PRQ#26854] Deletion Request for breeze-icons-extra

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 4 03:18:50 UTC 2021

On 7/3/21 8:49 PM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
> micwoj92 [1] filed a deletion request for breeze-icons-extra [2]:
>
> This isn't a proper PKGBUILD. I don't know what it is.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/micwoj92/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/breeze-icons-extra/

This contained a large amount of gunk in $startdir which it used to
clone things not in source=() and do weird things to them; not only
isn't it a proper PKGBUILD, the AUR isn't a hosting platform except for
PKGBUILDs. If people wish to write complex programs to use in packaging
something (complete with 9k lines worth of package-lock.json), those
programs need to be tracked in an external repository and cloned in
source=().

As such, I've done more than delete it. I've redacted its entire history
so it no longer takes up space in the AUR content storage, where it
didn't belong.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User