[aur-requests] [PRQ#27065] Orphan Request for freefilesync Accepted

Amin Vakil info at aminvakil.com
Sat Jul 17 18:34:26 UTC 2021

On 7/16/21 12:14 AM, Amin Vakil wrote:
> On 7/15/21 11:57 PM, Jochum Döring wrote:
>> Hi Amin,
>>
>> I recall offering you to join the list of maintainers, your reply:
>>
>>     /Thank you for your quick response! //
>>     ////
>>     //Unfortunately I know very little about c++, so I'm not sure if I
>>     could help much except testing the package and bumping the
>> versions. //
>>     ////
>>     //I'm currently compiling gcc9 to see if that would fix the issue,
>>     although I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but as I've said
>>     I'm clueless when it comes to c++. //
>>     ////
>>     //I was hoping if the package gets orphaned, someone who knows how
>>     to fix the package and have time to fix it would come and adopt
>> this. //
>>     ////
>>     //Best Regards, //
>>     //Amin Vakil //
>>     ////
>>     //On 12/6/20 11:56 PM, Jochum Döring wrote: //
>>     //Currently working on working on a fix, haven't heard from Simon
>>     for while. //
>>     //Amin if you feel you would like to contribute, i could add you as
>>     a maintainer. //
>>     ////
>>     //Cheers, Jochum
>>
>>     /
>>
>> Quoting yourself:/
>> /
>>
>>     /*"I was hoping if the package gets orphaned, someone who knows how
>>     to fix the package and have time to fix it would come and adopt
>>     this.*//"/
>>
>> ///
>> /Since you already adopted the package yourself, i assume you have
>> acquired the skills in the past months to properly maintain the package?
>>

>> Cheers, Jochum
>>
>> On 15-07-21 20:41, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
>>> Request #27065 has been accepted automatically by the Arch User
>>> Repository package request system:
>>>
>>> The package base has been flagged out-of-date since 2021-01-02.
>>

> Hi Jochum,
>
> I will try a week to fix it and if I couldn't fix it, I will orphan it
> again.
>
> Best Regards,
> Amin Vakil

OK, so I've play with it a little and this is way too much work for me
which doesn't have any C++ experience expect some basic stuff in university.

I've returned its ownership to you in AUR, feel free to disown it, fix
it, ... .

I hope freefilesync devs fix the issues so it can be built easily.

Thanks for your work!