[aur-requests] [PRQ#27268] Deletion Request for libgcal

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Jul 26 12:26:51 UTC 2021

stig124 [1] filed a deletion request for libgcal [2]:

The Google Calendar API that this library use has shutdown in 2014 :

""
ATTENTION: I no longer have time to maintain libgcal and thanks to
changes on google services to use OAuth 2.0 for login (client login is
deprecated) plus Google plans to shutdown Calendar API v2 in November
2014 it doesn't make much sense to continue development. I'm keeping
the project page online for historical purposes. As at the time of
writing (2014-10-01), google doesn't support a C/C++ client library
(and probably never will).
""

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/stig124/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/libgcal/