[aur-requests] [PRQ#27234] Deletion Request for telegram-desktop9

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Wed Jul 28 13:23:08 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-25 06:48, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
> grawlinson [1] filed a deletion request for telegram-desktop9 [2]:
>
> Caters to one person, quite niche.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/grawlinson/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/telegram-desktop9/

I posted this in the AUR comments before deleting, but in the event the
author didn't have notifications turned on I'm copying it here for
posterity:

----
There are quite a few reasons this build doesn't belong on the AUR.
Individually maybe no one of them pushed it over the line but I think
all together they make a case this doesn't belong here. If you want to
fork telegram, go right ahead but 1) don't call it official when it's so
patched up as to be completely different, 2) store the sources off the
AUR somewhere on your own such as a Github repo, 3) don't link the
upstream URL to the official site, link your fork, 4) don't post things
that are only personal convenience. If they are useful for others that's
fine, but make a project out of it, then come here to package it. Don't
make the AUR the project.
----