[aur-requests] [PRQ#24585] Orphan Request for cdrip-tools Rejected

Fabio Loli lolix at disroot.org
Fri Jun 18 19:49:08 UTC 2021

Il 07/04/21 11:17, John Lane ha scritto:
 > Hi there are no comments on the aur page ?

I flagged it OOD

Il 07/04/21 11:45, John Lane ha scritto:
 > Hello I have just looked at this and as far as I can tell the current
 > package is not out of date. I can build it successfully on my laptop
 > without issue.
 >
 > The last commit to this package upstream was in 2015. At the time I
 > asked the author, through github issues, for a version bump (because the
 > last tagged version, 0.2, does not work) but got no response. No commits
 > have been made to the repo in the time since I created the package in
2018.

Yes, it build build succesfully and there has not been further development

Il 07/04/21 11:45, John Lane ha scritto:
 > it builds against a verified SHA512 of the master branch.

Il 07/04/21 11:45, John Lane ha scritto:
 > ps. I've just seen fabiolix gist and I don't see the need to make any
 > changes. If you want to create a cdrip-tools-git package that does not
 > target a specific SHA-verified version then feel free, not sure I see
 > the point though. The upstream is unlikely to see any changes...

Your pkgbuild have an invalid URL, is using master.zip as source (at
least you don't skip hash) and don't have don't have a valid pacakge
version (I don't consider pkgver=master a valid pkgver)

My fix is git cloning the last commit and have a valid pkgver, is
quoting variables and fix the URL, just that, I'm not interested in
further maintainership or making a VCS version which don't make sense.

See [3] for the diff (the 2° part) and [4] for full pkgbuild

[3]
https://github.com/FabioLolix/PKGBUILD-AUR_fix/commit/13a5d6ee713de71c9312068054bc9c8626ac7216
[4]
https://github.com/FabioLolix/PKGBUILD-AUR_fix/blob/master/c/cdrip-tools/PKGBUILD