[aur-requests] [PRQ#26623] Deletion Request for python2-rpi.gpio

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 24 18:34:24 UTC 2021

On 6/24/21 2:23 PM, Morten Linderud via aur-requests wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 02:06:46PM -0400, Alex Stelmachonak via aur-requests wrote:
>> What is wrong if this package is ARM (and RPi) specific? AUR is available on
>> ArchLinuxARM and used by many people (including me). I don't think "Specific
>> for ARM hardware" is a valid reason to delete package.
>
> Account has been suspended while I figure out why they are sending a fuckton of
> requests while not checking if they should or not.

Well uhhhhh funny story that:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PKGBUILD#arch

I know this is not listed in the rules of submission page, but it is in
the general packaging guidelines, and it's not like we haven't been
deleting packages in the past, for precisely this. The rationale being,
the *Arch* User Repository is in theory supposed to be for packages
which can be run on Arch.

It's the same reason we delete Manjaro-specific packages.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User