[aur-requests] [PRQ#26130] Deletion Request for gitit

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat May 29 18:48:30 UTC 2021

Repentinus [1] filed a deletion request for gitit [2]:

The package does not conform to the Haskell package guidelines and
includes around a hundred third-party dependencies as sources, a
number of which are available packaged in the Arch repositories. I
have invited the maintainer to fix the issues, but they declined.

Repentinus commented on 2021-05-28 03:08

> Rufflewind, could you please rewrite this PKGBUILD to conform to the
Haskell package guidelines?

Rufflewind commented on 2021-05-28 04:14

> @Repentinus This package has a large number of aging dependencies
and runs into version conflicts easily. Freezing dependencies was
necessary for getting it to build reproducibly. Stack would have been
a good choice but Gitit doesn't play well with that either:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=gitit&id=c2b9a66c0e6509bb34922c12ffc1d0fd95326b74

> Let me know if you have an alternative approach for building Gitit
that works reliably.

Repentinus commented on 2021-05-28 04:34

> Rufflewind, PKGBUILDs support versioned dependencies. Dependencies
requiring a specific version not available in the Arch repositories
should have separate AUR packages created for them and this PKGBUILD
should depend on those.

Rufflewind commented on 2021-05-28 05:21

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Repentinus/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/gitit/